Terms & Conditions
Once a booking is made at Snowwater, significant expenses and long-term commitments are incurred on your behalf. It is assumed that you have become familiar with and understand the policies below before booking your trip with us. By submitting a confirmation form, deposit, final payment, or waiver, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions below.
A 50% deposit is required to reserve your trip. We recommend cheque or bank wire for international guests, or etransfers from Canadians to minimize credit card fees and commissions. Credit cards can be used to book a trip, but the associated credit card fee will be applied in this case, as seen on the FLYWIRE statement.
- Final Payment
The final 50% payment is due 90 days prior to your trip.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Having to cancel a dream trip is as much a disappointment as it is a surprise, so we always highly recommend that you purchase insurance to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances. Snowwater does not provide refunds for any cancellations. We provide future ski credits or allow for replacements within our time frames listed below.
Trip ‘cancellation insurance’ protects you before you get here; trip ‘interruption insurance’ covers you during your trip.
PLEASE NOTE: If you present as SICK when you arrive you may be asked to go home. If you feel sick, please do not show up. If you CANCEL LAST MINUTE for sudden illness, injury, personal issues etc. - you will not be refunded or credited for your trip. Your best option is always to give your trip to someone else who can reimburse you in some way. Snowwater works because we count on the financial commitments of those who sign up for each trip to maintain a meticulously organized experience happen. You NEED TO PURCHASE INSURANCE to protect yourself in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Snowwater cannot shoulder the burden of last-minute changes for any reason – ever. Acera Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for these insurances. Click here for a quote.
If you need to cancel here are your options:
- Your seat will not be considered cancelled or filled until we receive written notification of the seat transfer and confirmation from the new replacement.
- If purchased trip insurance, you can make a claim to recoup all money lost.
- You can find your own replacement and transfer your deposit to the new person. We will leave it to you and your substitute to compensate each other for all monies on account. Payments cannot be put towards someone else already signed up on ANY trip with us at any time.
- If we find a replacement for your seat, you will receive a 75% credit of whatever we sell the seat for, valid for up to two years.
- Trip dates cannot be rescheduled within 90 days of a trip start date for the same season.
- Credits of any kind will not be granted in the event of non-arrival, unused services, missed ski days for any reason, or unused nights due to travel or weather disruptions. For peace of mind, we recommend you protect yourself with comprehensive travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees.
If you cancel more than 90 days before your trip start date:
- Receive a full credit voucher for the dollar value of all payments made, valid for up to two years after the time of issue, less a $250 admin fee. This value will be put towards a new trip and is subject to price increases.
- Find a replacement, as per above. You will have two weeks to do this before we start looking for one.
If you cancel less than 90 days before the start date:
- All money on account is forfeited.
- Find a replacement as per above. We will start looking for a replacement once we hear from you in writing about your cancellation
Late transfers to the lodge are subject to a $250 shuttle fee per person. Late shuttles will only operate until 6:00pm. After this time, you will need to stay in town at your own expense and arrange an early morning transfer, still incurring the shuttle fee.
- While we wish we could control the weather – we cannot. There is no guarantee on weather or snow conditions that you will encounter during your trip. Snowwater proudly offers a back-up snowcat program when poor weather or hazardous conditions prevail.
- Snowwater does not provide ski credits if we are operating a limited heli program due to poor weather, or other.
- If we are unable to operate due to extreme weather issues, a lodge fee of $8000/day will be applied for accommodation, food, transport, and service while at the lodge. Snowwater reserves the right to offer partial credits based on a weather-related inability to operate.
- In the rare case that skiing must be cancelled due to a mechanical failure, Snowwater will provide a credit for time missed which may be applied to another trip valid for up to two seasons.
- Snowwater reserves the right to cancel trips at any time. Under no circumstance is Snowwater responsible for the client’s inconvenience or travel expenses.
We do offer heli transfers from Castlegar airport, or 1.5km, weather permitting. This is an extra per-heli flight fee to be divided by the people sharing the flight.
A Gratuity has not been included in your trip. It is customary to leave a tip if you feel you received exceptional service and your trip made memorable by the efforts of those who work at Snowwater. A 10% gratuity on your pre-tax booking cost is recommended. All staff members will be made aware of your contribution and greatly appreciate your generosity.